Friday, September 14, 2012

Weekly Wrap-Up Link Up

In Our Homeschool this Week ... In addition to our daily checklists, this week we worked on  researching our geography club country of the month (Brazil), worked on our science fair project, wrote letters to GeeGee (Grandma), and I started working with Chris on writing expository essays.

My Favorite Thing this Week ... going to our friends' house to play, talk, and eat yummy fish chowder and an amazing chocolate harvest cake.

My Favorite Resource this Week ... Schoolhouse Rock DVDs... they make learning fun.  I still remember the songs from Saturday mornings... "I'm Just A Bill", "Conjunction Junction What's Your Function ?"  Does it bring back any memories for anyone ?

We're Reading... In addition to American History book selections, Chris is finishing #6 in The Nicholas Flamel series, Katie read A to Z Mysteries Haunted Hotel and is working on Warriors #5, Chelsea read The Boxcar Children series #4,5.  I read Stages of Homeschooling: Enjoying the Journey (Book 2) by Barbara Frank, and Down the Rabbit Hall: An Echo Falls Mystery by Peter Abrahams.  Chris is still reading Gregor the Overlander #2 to the girls and I'm reading Treasure Island to everyone.

We're Cooking... I'm slowly easing into cooking again.  This week I made meatloaf and lemon parmesan crusted chicken.  Ted grilled the rest of the week.  Have I mentioned how much I'm going to miss him grilling ?

Places We're Going and People We're Seeing... We went to The Chicken Barn which has antiques and LOTS of used books.  It's really in an old chicken barn and I could curl up and read in there all day.  We also went to our local library and a new playground.


Things I'm working on... Getting ready for our camping trip next week to Plimouth Plantation in Massachusetts. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, please let us know how that camping trip goes. Good to read about you this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will! We are taking all 5 pets...

      Delete
  2. The Chicken Barn! I haven't been there in ages! I bet the kids would LOVE it! LOL Especially us with chickens! ::wink:: And we're going that way soon...

    Plimouth Plantation sounds like a blast! We usually stay at John Carver Inn with an indoor waterslide coming out of a Mayflower and a hot tub "Plymouth Rock". ::snicker:: Fun place!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure your kids would love it ! Mine do! Waterslide coming out of the Mayflower ? That is fun !!

      Delete
  3. The camping trip to Plimouth Plantation sounds like a lot of fun!

    We also love Schoolhouse Rock DVDs here :) Thanks for linking up at Favorite Resources.

    ReplyDelete