Saturday, September 1, 2012

Weekly Wrap-Up Link Up

In Our Homeschool this Week:  We only had school three days this week.  We are slowly getting back into our routine.  My favorite school activity this week was making summer "books."  Every year I print out our summer pictures and the kids each make their own scrapbook.  It's always fun and it's nice to remind hubby on those cold winter days how beautiful Maine is in the summer (I think Maine is perfect in all seasons; hubby needs convincing in the winter.) 


My Favorite Thing this Week: We had a impromptu get-together with friends and did lovely touristy things.  We played miniature golf, had popovers at Jordon Pond (Acadia National Park), dinner overlooking Bar Harbor, and ice cream (at a place that has lobster ? ice cream; no one was brave enough to try it.)


We're Reading: I'm still reading The One Year Adventure Novel.  Chris is reading The Alchemyst series #5, Katie is reading Warriors series #5, Chelsea just finished Magic Tree House #48, Chris is reading Gregor The Overlander series #2 to Katie and Chelsea, and Katie and Chelsea are buddy reading Bunnicula to Daisy the bunny.



Places We're Going and People We're Seeing:   My brother and sister-in-law and kids came to visit from Connecticut.  We had a great time relaxing and playing in the lake.



Things I'm Working on:  I'm trying to pull together an election/government/ electoral college unit.  I found some good books, but I'd like to do a lap book.  Does anyone know of any good resources ?

5 comments:

  1. My kids LOVE Jordan Pond! We keep planning to drive to Acadia and do some hiking, but it hasn't worked up for quite a number of months. We've never had the popovers though! Definitely sounds like something we should really make an attempt at doing this fall (when it's less busy).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try the popovers. We bought a popover pan and jam from their gift store. :)

      Delete
  2. Teacher Created Resources has an Elections unit and so does Amanda Bennett Unit Studies. I don't know for sure, but if any place has an Elections Lapbook it would be www.handsofachild.com

    We will be doing an elections unit too, but sadly my kids despise Lapbooks. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will definitely check those out. And ... so glad that you are following along.:)

      Delete
  3. Oh, and following you via email subscription now!

    ReplyDelete