Friday, August 24, 2012

Weekly Wrap-Up Link Up



In Our Homeschool this Week:  We had two days of more structured learning and two days of sorting, organizing, and rearranging school supplies and our family schoolroom.  We spent a good amount of time reading, writing, and researching information about whales.  On Wednesday we took the kids on their first whale watch.  We saw a glimpse of the elusive Fin Whale (second in size only to the Blue Whale) and three male Humpback Whales.  On the boat ride out to the whales, we also saw a number of Gray and Harbor Seals.  Quite amazing ! ( Well most of the trip was anyway.  If you go on a whale watch be sure to take Dramamine.  Daddy took two.  The kids and I condescendingly said we didn't need any because we've had lots of experience on boats and have never been sick.  I'll spare you the details, but be sure to take Dramamine BEFORE you get on the boat.)



My Favorite Thing this Week:  I loved watching the kids' faces when they were watching the whales.


I'm Reading: The One Year Adventure Novel textbook by Daniel Schwabauer.


Places We're Going and People We're Seeing: In addition to our whale watch we made a visit to our local library.  The kids have been pestering me for some time about getting their own library cards, so we did.  They were very excited (the kids, not the librarians :0).


Things I'm Working on: I've been doing around the house projects that I've kept putting off.  I've painted trim, put up shelves (well I supervised :0), and painted our schoolroom picnic table with black chalkboard paint.







2 comments:

  1. Dramamine is my friend on boats too! You would think growing up in a lobstering family would make me "immune" to motion sickness, but nah! boats, planes and sometimes vehicles make me icky. But you got to see whales! When we went on our whale watching...we saw seals and 1 Puffin but no whales! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you didn't get to see any whales. Did you go out of Bar Harbor ? So very cool that you grew up in a lobstering family.

    ReplyDelete