Saturday, July 28, 2012

My Little Spies


Although we learn year round, summer is the time when the kids pursue their own interests with occasional nudges from me.  The rest of the year, I lead them more.  I am always happily surprised, when left to their own devices, what they choose to do.  This morning I went downstairs to our playroom/art room/ library/family room and found the girls hard at work.  Not wanting to disturb their concentration, I watched from afar.  They had a dictionary and various books spread out on the picnic table.  Later, I asked if I could take a peek (this is the first page):

The Big Spy Handbook

1.  A spy is not afraid of anything.

2.  A spy must not be seen.

3.  A spy never fails.

4.  A spy has great disguises.

I took this opportunity to remind them of some of the great books that we have that they haven't read yet:

Harriet the Spy Louise Fitzhugh

Trixie Belden Mysteries  Julie Campbell

Ato Z Mysteries Ron Roy

They were very excited about reading books about spies/detectives and asked if they could take them with us when we went out on the boat today.  Maybe it's because I'm their mom, but really... how cute is that ?

No comments:

Post a Comment